Motorola, the Lenovo-owned subsidiary has officially launched a brand new mid-ranged smartphone in the PH today. Dubbed the Moto M, the new phone is poised to take on other mid-range smartphones already in the market.
Motorola Moto M specs
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Helio P15 octa-core processor
- Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel PDAF rear camera with LED flash
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 3,050mAh non-removable battery, 10W rapid charge support
The new phone sports a metal body, MediaTek’s Helio P15 octa-core processor as well as a fingerprint scanner and USB Type-C for fast charging. Interestingly, Motorola says that the Moto M has a water repellent nano-coating which makes it “splash resistant”, but we wouldn’t want to submerge this thing in the water since it doesn’t have an IP rating.
The Moto M retails in the Philippines at Php 14,999.