Nokia Lumia 920 Announced!
Nokia just officially announced the Nokia Lumia 920, their newest flagship Windows smartphone. You can tell from all the features they packed into this that they’re really betting the farm on this handset for their future. Everything from the hardware design, software, camera, and the wireless connectivity screams quality and innovation. If ever there’s a time for Nokia to go all-out on their marketing, this is it.
Nokia Lumia 920 Spec Sheet
- Dual Core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Processor
- 1GB RAM
- 32GB Internal Storage + 7GB SkyDrive Cloud Storage
- 4.5-inch Gorilla Glass Curved Display, PureMotion HD+, 1280×768 Resolution
- 8.7-megapixel Nokia PureView Camera
- Near Field Communication, Bluetooth 3.1
- Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Channel bonding, WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- 130.3mm x 70.8mm x 10.7mm
- 185 Grams
- Windows 8 Operating System
- 2000 mAh Battery
See Also: Nokia Lumia 800 Review
Wireless Charging and JBL Speakers FTW
The specifications might not feature a quad-core processor but you don’t really need that much power to efficiently run Windows on the mobile phone (as seen with the previous Nokia Lumia models). Other than the gorgeous design, what caught my attention with the Nokia Lumia 920 are the accessories that you can get with it. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s available:
As you can see Nokia is really trying to stake their claim at wireless charging and NFC. These two major innovations combined with their PureView technology and the newest Windows 8 software will hopefully help them carve out a significant share of the smartphone market globally.
There are no announcements yet on pricing or availability but hopefully it will come out soon.