A lightweight F11?
OPPO updates its entry-level A-series in China with the A9. The new model closely resembles the notch-sporting F11 we have locally, with a few differences: on the A9, you get double the internal storage, a downgraded dual rear camera setup, and no VOOC charging.
Like the F11, you get OPPO’s new design language—dual rear cameras placed on the top center, with OPPO’s updated logo on the bottom center—with the A9.
OPPO A9 specs
- MediaTek Helio P70 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution
- 128GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB)
- Dual rear cameras: 16-megapixel f/2.0 main camera; 2-megapixel depth sensor; with PDAF, Dual Tone LED flash, Ultra Night Mode
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, Game Boost 2.0
- 4020mAh battery
- Android 9 Pie, ColorOS 6
With those differences, the A9 is more affordable than the F11 with its CNY 1799(~Php 14k) price. It will be available in China starting April 30.