Camera and aesthetics over specs
Remember OPPO’s promise to unveil a new smartphone line and consequently, a new model under the F series name? Well, the first ever device in that lineup, the F1, is now official in Vietnam. The F1 comes bearing a premium body and a camera-centric feature set, which includes a 13-megapixel rear camera with a f/2.2 lens and an 8-megapixel selfie snapper with a f/2.0 lens. The rear camera has an LED flash but the front camera doesn’t – though OPPO includes a cool selfie mode wherein the display acts like an LED flash.
OPPO F1 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 octa-core processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 5-inch HD IPS display, 1280 x 720 resolution
- 16GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera with flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 3G, LTE
- WiFI, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 5.1 Lollipop, Color OS 2.1
- 2,500mAh battery
The rest of the phone is your typical 2016 mid-range device – you’re looking at a 7.25mm aluminum body, 5-inch HD IPS display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 octa-core processor, Adreno 405 GPU and 3GB of RAM. There’s 16GB of storage on tap which is expandable.
OPPO’s pricing the F1 at around $290.