Opt Mag-Lock Folio Case for the iPad 2
Opt Philippines was kind enough to send us a test unit of the Opt Mag-Lock Folio Case for the iPad 2. We’ve been using it for a couple of days already and I have to say that this is a pretty solid and cool case. I’ve been averse of using folios for my iPad 2 because they add bulk but this particular product strikes a good balance between the additional weight, style, and function making it worth the Php2,500 price tag.
Here’s a summary of the good and bad points then I’ll follow it up with a couple of photos and the over-all verdict at the end. Be sure to read the captions on the photos.
- Made from quality material. Really nice cover and interior.
- Additional pockets inside for business cards and screen cleaning wipe.
- Let’s you enjoy your iPad 2 in typing position, landscape, or portrait.
- Built-in magnet wakes and sleeps the iPad 2 when you open/close the case.
- A little bulkier compared to the usual back case + Smart Cover combo
For Php2,500 this is a great folio that you should consider. The Smart Cover and Back Case tandem will set you back at least Php3,000 (if you buy originals) so this is actually a more affordable option. The Smart Cover and Back Case combo is also the most used method so going the folio route will make you different.
If you want one head over to your favorite Apple reseller or give Opt Philippines a call at +639175754812.