Aside from officially announcing the availability of the entry-level Redmi 5A, Xiaomi made a surprise at today’s media briefing by making the mid-range Redmi 5 Plus available locally. Xiaomi’s first phone with an 18:9 display, the Redmi 5 Plus has an interesting set of specs that include a generous 4000mAh battery and a Snapdragon 625 processor.
Here’s a recap of the specs of the Redmi 5 Plus that will be sold locally:
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ IPS display
- 64GB expandable storage, via microSD (up to 128GB)
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash
- 5-megapixel front camera with LED Flash
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, Fingerprint scanner
- Android Nougat with MIUI 9
- 4000mAh battery
The Redmi 5 Plus is priced at Php 9990, and will be available at Xiaomi’s Authorized Reseller stores in Trinoma and Megamall starting March 17.
Check out our articles on the Redmi 5 Plus: