Looks like Samsung is back to not limiting its Galaxy line with the S-series, Note series, and A-series. After adding an online-only M-series last year, Samsung is further expanding the Galaxy line with an all-new F-series starting with the Galaxy F41. While it looks identical to the Galaxy M31 with its Exynos 9611 processor, 6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB internal storage, 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, 64-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, and 6000mAh battery with 15w wired charging, there are still different. Here’s what sets the Galaxy F41 apart from the Galaxy M31:
- Better display…to an extent. While it has the same Super AMOLED panel and the same display size, the Galaxy F41 has better color accuracy as it covers 110% of the NTSC gamut, along with a higher 420nits of brightness.
- “Only” three rear cameras. The Galaxy F41 settles for a triple rear camera setup, omitting the macro camera found on the Galaxy M31. It’s not that of a big deal, since let’s face it: do you really use the macro camera on an everyday basis?
- Better selfie camera. As a phone geared towards photography, it is pretty much given that the Galaxy F41 also excels in selfies, which is why it comes with a 32-megapixel selfie snapper.
- Flagship software tricks. The Galaxy F41 has Samsung’s Single Take—a feature normally found on the Korean brand’s higher-end phones. This features utilizes all of the Galaxy F41’s cameras, shooting 7 photos and 3 videos simultaneously so that you have a broad set of options to choose from.
- Slightly cheaper than the Galaxy M31. The Galaxy F41 has a suggested price of INR 17,000(~Php 11.3k) and INR 18,000(~Php 11.9k) for the 6GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB models respectively. However, FlipKart is offering the 6GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB models at a promo price of INR 15,500(~Php 10.3k) and INR 16,500(~Php 10.9k) respectively. In comparison, the Galaxy M31 is listed in FlipKart for INR 20,000 for the 128GB model and INR 18,100 for the 64GB model.
Since Samsung did bring some of the Galaxy M-series models to the Philippines, we might get the Galaxy F41 soon. Stay tuned to the site for the latest updates.