Samsung updates the Galaxy M31 with the Galaxy M31s refresh. While it retains most of its predecessor’s key features, new updates on the Galaxy M31s include support for 25w fast charging (with the required charger included out of the box), a higher 8GB RAM option, better 32-megapixel selfie camera, and an upgraded 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera. In addition, the Galaxy M31s’ 64-megapixel main camera is now an IMX682 sensor instead of the GW1.
Also new to the Galaxy M31s is the inclusion of Single Take. First seen in flagship Samsung phones like the Galaxy S20 and Note 10 series (and later with the Galaxy A71 and A51), Single Take utilizes all of the Galaxy M31s’ cameras and features, taking 10 photos and videos with one press of the shutter button. Other new camera features include 4K video recording with the front camera, Smart Selfie Angle, Switch Camera While Recording, and Night Hyperlapse.
Samsung Galaxy M31s specs
- Samsung Exynos 9611 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-V display, Dragontail Glass
- 128GB of expandable storage (up to 512GB)
- Quad rear cameras: 64-megapixel f/1.8 IMX682 primary camera; 12-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel Macro camera; 5-megapixel f/2.2 depth sensor; with PDAF, LED Flash
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner, USB-C
- 6000mAh battery with 25W wired charging
- Android 10 (OneUI 2.1)
The Galaxy M31s is priced at INR 20,499 (~Php 13.4k) for the 6GB model and INR 22,499 (~Php 14.7k) for the 8GB model. Both variants will be available in India on August 6.