Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Shortly after the announcement of their new Galaxy Tablets (10.1 and 8.0), Samsung took the wraps off a variant of their flagship smartphone called the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. What’s special about this particular device is that it’s the first Galaxy device that has a waterproof and dustproof body which is perfect for people who have active/sports lifestyles. On the software side Samsung added “Glove Touch” which lets users operate the display with gloves on and “Aqua Mode” for the camera which lets it take better photos and videos underwater.
When it comes to specs, the GS4 Active is basically a replica of the GS4. It has a 5-inch Full HD 1080 x 1920 display, 1.9GHz quad core processor, 2GB RAM, LTE, and has Infrared blaster for remote TV control. The only difference is the lower spec 8 megapixel camera compared with 13-megapixel shooter of the Galaxy S4.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Spec Sheet
- 1.9GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage with expandable storage via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5-inch TFT HD display (1080 x 1920 pixels) at 441 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 8.0-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, LED flash and Aqua Mode for underwater photography
- 2.0-megapixel front-facing camera
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi hotspot, DNLA, Bluetooth, NFC, Infrared Port, LTE
- 2,600 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
The phone will be previewed on June 20th at the Samsung event in London. No word yet on pricing and its official release worldwide.
You might also want to read: