After postponing the official launch of the Galaxy Fold, Samsung announced that the cutting-edge foldable will be available in South Korea on September 6.
While the specs remain the same, most important change with the relaunched Galaxy Fold is the improved construction. These include a rubbery layer that protects the folding mechanism from dust and water and a redesigned top layer that extends beyond the edges so that users can’t accidentally peel it, which has been the case with the original design.
The rest of the specs remain the same, though the 5G variant sports a smaller 4235mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Specs
- Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 4.6-inch HD+Super AMOLED outer display; 7.3-inch QXVGA Dynamic Super AMOLED Infinity Fold inner display
- 512GB UFS 3.0 internal storage
- Triple rear cameras: 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.5 and f/2.4 aperture; 12-megapixel telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture and 2x optical zoom; 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide camera; with Dual Pixel, Dual OIS, 960FPS Super Slo-Mo video, 4K HDR10+ shooting at 30FPS/4K shooting at 60FPS
- Dual front cameras: 10-megapixel f/1.9 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.2 wide-angle camera; dual-pixel autofocus, 4K video recording
- 10-megapixel f/2.2 cover camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE, WiFi 6
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- IP68 certification, USB Type-C port, Bixby AI, 3D Emojis
- 4380mAh battery with 25W fast charging and wireless charging
- Android 9.0 Pie (One UI)