This is Samsung’s thinnest phone yet
Samsung has not officially taken off the wraps off of their newest smartphone yet, the A8, but much of the mystery about their upcoming device has already been uncovered by multiple leaks. The Galaxy A8 will have an overall thickness of just 5.9mm, making it the slimmest phone from the Korean juggernaut to date.
Samsung Galaxy A8 specs
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 5.66-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/1.9 apeture
- 5-megapixel rear camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Android 5.1, TouchWIZ UI
- 3050mAh battery
The Galaxy A8 is said to be running a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM plus a rather hefty 5.66-inch Super AMOLED full HD display, protected by Gorilla Glass 4. While a full metal body is not yet confirmed, the A8 could possibly come with one seeing that it’s part of Samsung’s metal-backed Galaxy A line of phones.
You can see the phone in action in the video above.