It is exclusive to the land of the Rising Sun
Sony debuted a new Xperia phone in Japan with the Xperia 8. While it is similar to the Xperia 10 that launched at MWC 2019, the Xperia 8 sports Gorilla Glass 6 and comes with a 12-megapixel f/1.8 main camera—presumably an IMX363 sensor—instead of a 13-megapixel main camera.
It also has a slightly smaller 2760mAh battery, though it comes with a built-in DAC for Hi-Res audio, along with more RAM at 4GB. Save for those differences, the Xperia 8 shares the same features with the Xperia 10: Snapdragon 630, 64GB RAM, and a 6-inch Full HD+ IPS display with Sony’s unique 21:9 aspect ratio.
Sony Xperia 8 Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor
- Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 6-inch Full HD+ IPS Display, 21:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 6
- 64GB of expandable storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- Dual rear cameras: 12-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.4 wide-angle camera; LED Flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, IP68 rating, LDAC, Hi-Res Audio
- 2760mAh Battery with 18w wired charging
- Android 9.0 Pie
The Xperia 8 will be exclusive to Japan and will arrive in late October for 54,000 Yen (~Php 26.3k).