An XZ2 on steroids
After launching its post-Omnibalance Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Compact, Sony has launched the top-tier XZ2 variant with the XZ2 Premium. Aside from getting a battery and RAM bump, the XZ2 Premium’s key features are the 18:9 4K HDR display and dual rear camera setup—a first for Sony. The setup consists of a 19-megapixel RGB camera and a 12-megapixel monochrome camera.
To make the most out of the two cameras, the XZ2 Premium comes with an AUBE fusion image signal processor, which Sony claims helps the phone to improve its low-light performance.
Sony Xperia XZ2 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB of RAM
- 5.8-inch 4K HDR Triluminos Display, Gorilla Glass 5
- 64GB of expandable storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- 19-megapixel f/2.0 Exmor RS MotionEye color camera and 12-megapixel f/1.6 Exmor RS MotionEye monochrome camera with EIS, PDAF, Laser AF, LED flash, 4K HDR recording
- AUBE fusion image signal processor
- 13-megapixel f/2.0 Exmor RS front camera with EIS
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, Wireless Charging, IP68 rating, Hi-Res Audio
- 3540mAh Battery with quick charging
- Android 8.0 Oreo
The XZ2 Premium is slated to be available by Q3 2018.