The Black Shark 2 may be just barely 5 months old, but that is not stopping Xiaomi from releasing a better version. The Black Shark 2 Pro looks similar to the non-pro version on the outside, save for a slightly revised grip and additional RGB lighting.
It’s a different story with the internals: inside the Black Shark 2 Pro, you get a Snapdragon 855+ processor paired with 12GB RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage. Xiaomi claims that the combination helped the Black Shark 2 Pro score 500,610 in AnTuTu—the highest score to date.
Everything else remains the same: dual rear cameras, AMOLED display, 4000mAh battery with 27w fast charging, and Android Pie out of the box.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 640 graphics unit
- 12GB RAM
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 34.7ms input latency, motion interpolation, Magic Press, with support for HDR and DCI-P3
- 128GB/256GB of expandable UFS 3.0 storage
- 48-megapixel f/1.75 primary rear camera and 12-megapixel f/2.2 telephoto rear camera with dual LED flash, PDAF, Dark Light enhancement, Portrait mode
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with beauty mode, 4K recording
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Liquid Cool 3.0, front-facing stereo speakers
- 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
- Android 9.0 Pie
The Black Shark 2 Pro is priced at CNY 2999(~Php 22.2k) for the 12Gb/128GB variant and CNY 3499(~Php 25.9k) for the 12GB/256GB variant. It will go on sale in China starting August 2.