Here’s another interesting device from Cherry Mobile’s recently leaked product brochure, the E-Ink clad Cherry Mobile Taiji. Featuring a secondary E-Ink screen on its back, the Taiji is another midrange offering from the company slated for launch soon.
So, what’s an E-Ink Display? Here’s an explanation from the guys over at Techquickie. In a nutshell, it’s the display tech used by e-readers like Kindle and Kobo.
Cherry Mobile Taiji
- 1.7GHz MediaTek octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- 5.2-inch FHD IPS main display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 4.7-inch E-Ink rear display, 960 x 540 resolution
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera, AF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 2500mAh battery
So, the Taiji is basically a midrange “novelty” phone with an additional display for Php 12,999. Think the handset’s worth it? Shout out below, readers.