And the first under the Galaxy A series
Samsung has finally unveiled the Galaxy A90 after months of being in the rumor mill. While it looks very similar to the Galaxy A70, the Galaxy A90 employs a dual texture glass back panel. The big changes are the internals: on the Galaxy A90, you get a Snapdragon 855 processor with an X50 5G modem, making it the fourth Samsung phone to be 5G capable and the first under the Galaxy A line.
You also get the same RAM/storage configuration as well, though only the 6GB RAM variant comes with a MicroSD card slot. Another key change is the main rear camera, as the Galaxy A90 comes with a 48-megapixel f/2.0 main camera. Lastly, the Galaxy A90 is also the first phone in the Galaxy A line to support Samsung DeX.
Samsung Galaxy A90 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- Qualcomm X50 5G Modem
- 6GB/8GB of RAM
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, 20:9 aspect ratio
- 128GB of expandable storage (up to 512GB, only for the 6GB variant)
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/2.0 main camera, 5-megapixel f/2.2 depth camera, 8-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide camera; with PDAF, LED Flash, Super Steady, Scene Optimizer
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with Live Focus
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE, 5G
- Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- In-display fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Samsung DeX
- 4500mAh battery with 25W fast charging
- Android Pie with OneUI
The Galaxy A90 will be available in South Korea starting September 4.