While Samsung decided to skip the Tab S5 moniker and go straight with Tab S6, the Korean brand’s latest flagship tablet packs a punch. To kick things off, the Galaxy Tab S6 comes with a Snapdragon 855 processor paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage. The 8GB/256GB configuration is a first for an Android Tablet, and the Galaxy Tab S6 comes with a MicroSD card slot if the generous internal storage is not enough.
As for features, the Galaxy Tab S6 has two new features that are a first for any Android tablet: a dual rear camera setup with a secondary super-wide-angle camera, and an optical under-display fingerprint scanner.
The Galaxy Tab S6’s S-Pen gets all the goodies from the Galaxy Note 9’s S-Pen as it functions as a remote shutter and for music controls. Charging the S-Pen is done via the recessed back part of the tablet, and it takes around 10 minutes to fully charge it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD
- 10.5-inch WQXGA Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1600 resolution
- Dual rear cameras: 13-megapixel f/1.9 main camera, 5-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera
- 8-megapixel f/1.9 front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- USB-C, S-Pen, AKG-tuned Quad speakers, Samsung DeX
- 7040mAh battery with fast charging
- Android 9.0 Pie with OneUI
The Galaxy Tab S6 is priced at $649(~Php 33k) for the 6GB/128GB variant and $729(~Php 37.1k) for the 8GB/256GB variant.