A P40 Pro at a lower price point
Aside from the HONOR 30 and HONOR 30 Pro, Honor surprised everyone by announcing its first official premium flagship phone. Called the HONOR 30 Pro+, HONOR’s debut premium flagship inherits some key features from the Huawei P40 Pro. These include a 90hz AMOLED display (with a more conventional dual curve design), 50-megapixel IMX 700 main rear camera (sans OIS), Kirin 990 5G processor, and 27w wireless charging.
Accompanying the huge, 1/1.28-inch main rear camera is an 8-megapixel f/3.4 periscope camera with 5x optical zoom and OIS and 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera. The HONOR 30 Pro+’s camera setup gives its additional features like 4K60 video recording and AI RAW photo. The latter combines multiple RAW photos and blends them into one RAW image.
Like its non-plus sibling, the HONOR 30 Pro+ has a pill-shaped cutout that houses a 32-megapixel main camera and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera.
HONOR 30 Pro+ specs
- HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- 6.57-inch curved OLED display, 90hz refresh rate, 180hz touch response rate
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via Nano memory card
- Triple rear cameras: 50-megapixel f/1.9 IMX700 with Octa Phase Detection AF; 8-megapixel f/3.4 periscope camera with 5x optical zoom and OIS; 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera with PDAF., Laser Autofocus, LED Flash, 4K60 video recording
- Dual front cameras; 32-megapixel main camera; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6+, Bluetooth, Dual-band GPS, NFC
- In-display fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- 4000mAh battery with 40w wired charging, 27w wireless charging, and 5w reverse wireless charging
- EMUI 10 with Magic UI 3.0.1
The HONOR 30 Pro+ is priced at CNY 4999(~Php 35.6k) for the 8GB/256GB model and CNY 5499(~Php 39.5k) for the 12GB/256GB model. Like the HONOR 30 and HONOR 30 Pro, the HONOR 30 Pro+ will be available in China starting April 21.