It will give Xiaomi’s Mi 9 SE a run for its money
Realme marks its official entry to the Chinese market with the unveiling of the Realme X Lite (also known as Realme 3 Pro globally) and the Realme X. While the latter has the same processor as the former, the Realme X offers several key upgrades. First, you get a large 6.53-inch notch-free AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint scanner, along with 100% NTSC accuracy. Since there’s no notch, the Realme X settles for a pop-up module housing a 16-megapixel Sony IMX471 camera—the same module used on the recently-announced OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
Speaking of cameras, you get a 48-megapixel F/1.7 Sony IMX586 primary rear camera that’s accompanied by a 5-megapixel depth sensor. While you get a smaller battery at 3765mAh, you still get VOOC 3.0—this time with USB-C.
Aside from the regular Realme X colors, there’s a special edition version that’s inspired by garlic and onion—weird flex, but that’s how Realme wants to roll.
Realme X Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 100% NTSC
- 64GB/128GB of expandable storage
- Dual rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.7 Sony IMX 586 main camera with 6P lens and 5-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; with LED flash, Dual Pixel Autofocus, EIS, Chroma Boost, Ultra HD mode, 960FPS slow-motion video, Speed Shot, Nightscape, and 4K video recording
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 Sony IMX471 pop-up front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS,
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, AI Face Unlock, Smart Audio Amplifier, USB-C
- 3765mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 20w fast charging
- Android 9 Pie with ColorOS 6
The Realme X is priced at CNY 1499(~Php 11.5k) for the 4GB/64GB variant, CNY 1599(~Php 12.2k) for the 6GB/64GB variant, and CNY 1799(~Php 13.8k) for the 8GB/128GB variant. The special edition Realme X is priced at CNY 1899(~Php 14.5k) for the 8GB/128GB variant.