The first 5G phone in OPPO’s A series
OPPO updates its A-series line of phones with the A92s. Touted as an affordable 5G phone, the A92s comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 800 processor. The more affordable version of the Dimensity 1000 is based on a 7nm process and has four Cortex-A76 cores running at 2GHz, and four more power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores that can reach 2GHz.
Aside from being the first 5G phone, the A92s is also the first in the A-series line to have a display with a 120hz refresh rate and a pill-shaped cutout for two cameras: 16-megapixel f/2.0 Sony IMX471 main camera and 2-megapixel depth sensor. Going to the back, the A92s has a square module with a unique design. Inside it are four cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.7 Sony IMX586 main camera, 8-megapixel f/2.25 ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera, and 2-megapixel f/2.4 portrait camera.
Other features include a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, 4000mAh battery with 18w USB-C PD charging, and Android 10 out of the box.
OPPO A92s Specs
- MediaTek Dimensity 800 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 6.57-inch Full HD+ IPS punch-hole display, 120hz refresh rate
- 128GB of UFS 3.0 storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.7 Sony IMX586 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.25 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel macro camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 portrait camera; with LED flash
- Dual front cameras: 16-megapixel f/2.0 Sony IMX471 main camera; 2-megapixel depth sensor
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth, Dual-band GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4000mAh battery with 18w PD charging
- Android 10 with ColorOS 7
The A92s is priced at CNY 2199(~Php 15.8k) for the 6GB/128GB model and CNY 2499(~Php 18k) for the 8GB/128GB. Both variants will be available in China on April 29.