After it was silently announced in Europe last month, Huawei is making the P Smart 2021 available in more countries, this time carrying the model name Y7a. As the latest model from the Y-series, the Y7a comes with several firsts for Huawei’s entry-level phones. These include:
- A large 6.67-inch Full HD+ IPS display with a centrally placed punch-hole for the 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
- A generous 5000mAh battery with Huawei’s 22.5w SuperCharge wired charging.
- Quad rear cameras that include a 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor, and 2-megapixel macro camera.
- A side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- A Kirin 710a processor that is paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage depending on the region.
Like with all recently-launched Huawei phones, the Y7a comes with Android 10-based EMUI 10.1 with Huawei Mobile Services.
The Y7a will be available in Malaysia on October 30 for RM799(~Php 9.4k) for the 4GB/128GB variant. The Y7a is expected to be available in the Philippines soon, so stay tuned for the latest updates.