Xiaomi’s new budget mid-range king is in town
Xiaomi Philippines is back with a new phone in the form of the Redmi Note 9S. Launched in India as the Redmi Note 9 Pro and in Malaysia as the Redmi Note 9S, the latest Redmi Note gets a bigger display, a trendier punch-hole display, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The punch hole is home to a 16-megapixel selfie snapper. The internals get an upgrade, as it comes with a Snapdragon 720G processor and a beefier 5020mAh battery with 18w fast charging.
Like the Redmi Note 8, you get roughly the same rear camera setup: 48-megapixel f/1.8 Samsung ISOCELL GM2 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth-sensor, 5-megapixel macro camera.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G octa-core processor
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ IPS display, Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, 20:9 aspect ratio
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 expandable internal storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 ISOCELL GM2 main camera; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel depth-sensor; 5-megapixel macro camera; with LED, PDAF
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- 2×2 MiMo WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock, USB-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18w wired charging
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
The Redmi Note 9S is priced at Php 10,490 for the 4GB/64GB model and Php 11,990 for the 6GB/128GB model. The Redmi Note 9S will be exclusive to Lazada for the meantime.
As an introductory offer, the 4GB/64GB model will be priced at Php 9,990 for one day only on May 8.