While vivo’s Z series has yet made it to our shores, the latest model in the lineup is the most interesting one to date. Called the Z5, this phone sports a Snapdragon 712 processor, along with a 4500mAh battery with support for 22.5w fast charging and reverse charging—for a change, vivo is using USB-C for its mid-range line.
As with its other features, the Z5 sports a triple rear camera setup led by a 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera. Accompanying it are an ultra-wide-angle snapper and depth sensor. Taking care of the selfies is a 32-megapixel camera.
While it does not have a pop-up camera, the Z5’s waterdrop notch-sporting display comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner.
vivo Z5 Specs
- Snapdragon 712 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB of RAM
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ LCD display
- 64GB/128GB/256GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; LED Flash, PDAF, AI Scene Recognition
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock 2.0, Game Turbo, System Turbo, USB-C
- Android 9 Pie with FunTouch 9
- 4500mAh battery with 22.5W quick charging
The Z5 is priced at CNY 1,598(~Php 11.9k) for the 6GB/64GB variant, CNY 1,898(~Php 14.1k) for the 6GB/128GB variant, CNY 1,998(~Php 14.9k) for the 6GB/256GB variant, and CNY 2,298(~Php 17.1k) for the 8GB/128GB variant.