Here comes the third member of the V5 series, the Vivo V5 Lite. As the entry-level handset of the V5 line-up, the V5 Lite sports budget key specifications, but still maintains a selfie-oriented setup. Let’s check it out and see if it’s a hit or miss.
Vivo V5 Lite
- MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- 5.5-inch HD IPS display, 1280 x 720 resolution, 2.5D curved glass
- 32GB expandable storage, up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Funtouch OS 3.0)
Looking at the spec sheet, the V5 Lite is basically a trimmed down version of the original V5, as it sports less RAM and weaker cameras. Naturally, the V5 Lite will be priced lower than the V5’s SRP of Php 12,990.
Of course, the V5 Lite comes with Vivo’s patented “Selfie Softlight” technology as well as other bells and whistles designed to create the “perfect selfie.” That’s the gist of the V5 series, really.
Vivo is set to launch the V5 Lite alongside the V5 Plus in SEA markets soon. No specific pricing details yet from the company, so stay tuned.