Watch our short unboxing and initial impressions of the Zenfone Zoom
After a year since it’s announcement, ASUS’ cameraphone, the Zenfone Zoom, is almost here. We’re packing our bags and heading to Cebu for Sinulog tomorrow to put the phone through its paces but we were fortunate enough to be invited for a short, intimate session with ASUS’ newest member of their rapidly expanding Zenfone family.
ASUS Zenfone Zoom ZX551 specs
- Intel Atom 2.5GHz Z3590 quad-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD display, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, Bluelight filter, 1920 x 1080
- 128GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera, Panasonic sensor, HOYA dual-periscope lens system, 3X optical zoom, OIS, laser AF, f/2.7-f/4.8
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Single SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with ZenUI
- 3000mAh battery, Boostmaster fast charging
In the unboxing and initial impressions video above you’ll see the retail packaging and what comes in the box when you buy the Zenfone Zoom when it’s finally released in the Philippines, as well as a short explanation how the 3X optical zoom technology works in the device. We’ll give you our thoughts on the overall design and performance of the phone and tomorrow we’ll give you our first images shot straight from the Zenfone Zoom.
So click play, load the video above and enjoy. You can read our hands-on of the Zenfone Zoom here.