Intrepid data-miners and Pokemon Go enthusiasts over at The Silph Road Reddit have discovered some recent server-side changes to the game. Reddit user NaestaChalmers has compiled a list of the changes from the feedback gathered from the forum’s users and here’s what they’ve noticed so far:
- New move sets for some Pokémon (confirmed by Game_Master file)
- Dodging changed to general max. 75% damage evasion (confirmed by Game_Master file)
- Regional spawn rates increased heavily (confirmed by obvious observations)
- Increased potion drop rates (highly likely due to multiple observations and testing)
- Rare spawn increase in general (highly likely due to multiple observations)
- Faster egg hatch updates (likely due to observations and minor tests – needs more testing)
- Nest changes, needs to be further elaborated (unlikely: some observations but no general evidence, most did not change)
That explains why I’ve been getting a ton of potions lately. Too bad they go right into the trash can unless they’re the best kind. Also, I’ve gotten a lot of rare Pokemon in the past two days: an almost perfect IV Snorlax, a couple of Vaporeons, a Kabuto, some Exeggutors and a Porygon in my usual hunting grounds.
Shout out below if you’ve been experiencing some of the changes as well, fellow trainers!