Learn new things through short-form videos
TikTok aims to empower content creators in sharing practical tips and up-to-date knowledge with TikTokU. The campaign, which will start on May 25, will give users access to fun educational videos that are a minute (or less) long. Some topics include Learning a new language, quick art and crafts tutorial, and fun trivia for added knowledge.
“TikTok is giving alternative and accessible ways for the thirsty creative minds of Filipinos open to discovering new ideas. We believe that everybody deserves access to various forms of education,” TikTok Community and Operations Manager John Castro said.
The first round of TikTok U will happen from May 25 to June 15, where the content will be focused on Science and Education, DIY and Life Hacks, and Advice and Motivational content. Entries will be categorized into four tracks, based on their number of followers. Here are the four tracks:
- Senior Scholarship: Open to those whose followers are 500k and above on TikTok.
- Junior Scholarship: Open to those with 100k to 500k followers on TikTok.
- Sophomore Scholarship: Open to those with 10k to 100k followers on TikTok.
- Freshman Scholarship: Open to those with under 10k followers on TikTok.
Those interested to join must follow these guidelines:
- Users should create at least 3 entries for the campaign.
- Content must be educational and useful, and must fall under the Science and Education, DIY and Life Hacks, or Advice and Motivational themes, with the assigned hashtags incorporated.
- The ideal duration and format of videos are 30 seconds and above, shot on a 9:16 vertical screen.
- The campaign is open to all creators aged 18 and above from the Philippines.
- Videos must adhere to the TikTok community guidelines.
- Winners will be selected based on the total video views of all eligible videos they post during ?the campaign. A candidate-ranking dashboard will be updated regularly to reflect the most viewed creators in each track.
Winners will be selected on June 19 with the following prizes at stake:
- Senior Scholarship (5 winners) – Php40,000 cash and 1-to-1 support for 3 months
- Junior Scholarship (15 winners) – Php30,000 cash and 1-to-1 support for 3 months
- Sophomore Scholarship (30 winners) – Php20,000 cash and 3-month upskilling
- Freshman Scholarship (75 winners) – Php10,000 cash,and 3-month upskilling